Mug recipes are all the rage these days. As for someone who doesn’t normally cook, I need something quick and easy otherwise I’ll burn the house down. When I found this recipe on Pinterest, I figured I’d give it a shot!
Of course, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. As a college student, I’m always rushing out of the house. Thankfully, this recipe only requires 5 minutes for preparation time and it can be taken on the go! Because the recipe calls for egg whites, it is pretty healthy for you. The original recipe also calls for ham, if you would like to add more protein to your breakfast, but I didn’t have any ham (whoops!).
Here’s what you need:
- Spray the inside of the mug with with a non-stick cooking spray (I used PAM Non-Stick Cooking Spray).
- Put the chopped up broccoli in the mug and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Stir in eggs, 1 tablespoon of cheese, salt and pepper (for flavor) with a fork.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds more or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese on top and enjoy!
Recipe by All Whites Egg Whites.